After this cooler week and given that it's the end of August, our zucchini plants are coming to an end. But the sweet peppers are kicking into high gear - so it's a great time to get in a really yummy pasta salad.
Whisk together in a small bowl:
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ tsp sale
1/8 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic
1 T Dijon mustard
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup fresh basil (chopped)
4 oz/125 g uncooked pasta
Cook pasta, toss with 1/3 of dressing.
2 cups fresh vegetables chopped
(zucchini, sweet peppers, cucumbers, broccoli)
3 medium tomatoes chopped
½ cup sliced olives
Add to pasta and top with remaining dressing.
½ cup fresh basil leaves
2 T fresh parsley
Cover and chill for 4-24 hours.
½ cup parmesan cheese or crumbled feta
Sprinkle on top before serving.
From Simply In Season
Season of abundance:
It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the abundance of the harvest at this point in the season. What should I eat first? What, I need to harvest cucumbers again? I need to find time to freeze my green beans for the season! But truly there is so much to be grateful for.
Here's the list from this week:
- amazing fresh corn on the cob for supper on Tuesday
- a friend veterinarian who is willing to help us with our goat herd
- crates of beautiful slicer tomatoes and melons - long anticipated
- time away at a lake last weekend with family and friends
- thankful to my parents for keeping things going last weekend
- homes for all those flower bouquets - thank you everyone!
- Denise and Brent's patient bean picking - it's quite relentless now.
- Kate and Zoë doing a bunch of dead heading in the flowers today
Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter to get info about the weekly produce and fabulous new recipes.