I'm keeping this short and sweet this week because we are attempting to head off for a few days to a lake after a morning of flower designing:) Because it's so hot this weekend my Mom will be bringing a few pails of flower bouquets to the roadside at a time, we'll have enough to last Friday and Saturday but we don't want them all sitting in the heat. So you can know when you come by they haven't been out there all day.
We are grateful to have people that can step up and water and pick those things that need daily picking (like zucchini and melons). The melons, tomatoes and eggplant are loving this hot weather. If you haven't tried our melons yet you won't be disappointed. It's one of the special things we grow and we're thrilled to be able to offer you vine-ripened melons (something you can only buy right from your farmers!) Have a great long weekend, stay safe and find some shade - or at least some water to dip in.
Highlights from this week on the farm:
- definitely the walla walla onions (just the beauty of them - and eating them fresh on tomato sandwiches) Angela
- the scent of the basil and the crispy tear of the chard Maryanne
- enjoying tomato sandwiches with Angela Paul
- a few flower highlights from Cheryl: the almost black red hedge sunflower, the Hollyhill honeydew dahlia, or the karma chocolate dahlia
- finding plump eggplant under the leaves while harvesting Roland
- picking the cosmos. I like its bitter scent and the featheriness of it's leaves Soléne
- rolling on Roland's roller :) Madeleine
- It's always about good food for me: I love exchanging ideas about what to do with all those zucchini and hearing a customer tell me she was trying kohlrabi for the first time. I hope she loved it and will be back for more this week. Denise
Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter to get info about the weekly produce and fabulous new recipes.