Pumpkin Peanut Curry Recipe
1 1 pound chicken breast,
cut into bite size cubes
fry and set aside
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Buddha Bowl Recipe
Buddha Bowls are a great way to enjoy fresh veggies. There are so many options for what a budha bowl can consist of. Choose a grain (quinoa or rice is often used), a protein (beans, hard boiled eggs, chicken), and add veggies. Then top with a generous amount of dressing. Beets, red cabbage, peppers, greens would be wonderful additions.
Much peace to you as many of you shift your schedules with the turning of September. Drop by the farm this Tuesday to stock up on veggies for lunches. We'll have lots of carrots, cucumbers, broccoli and much more.
Salsa Verde Recipe
1 lb tomatillos
2 jalapeno peppers
1/2 c. Chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
Remove hulls and roast tomatillos with onions, garlic and peppers at 450 for 15 min. Or until tomatillos are blistered and turning brown.
Transfer to a blender with:
1/4 c. Water (opt)
3 tsp lime juice
3/4 tsp. salt
Blend until smooth. Chill before serving
Zucchini Corn Chowder Recipe
2 Tbs butter
2 medium zucchini (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 Tbs fresh parsley (chopped)
1 Tbs fresh basil (chopped)
1/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups water
3 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (I substituted 1 C milk and 1/3 C dry milk powder)
2 cups corn
2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded) Hot Jill or Qualicum Spice work great.
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated; I omitted this)
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat; add zucchini, onion, parsley, basil, and saute’ until tender.
2. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the vegetables. Slowly add the water, stirring in until smooth.
3. Add the bouillon cubes and lemon juice; bring to a boil; reduce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the tomatoes, milk, corn and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
5. Add the cheese just before serving.
Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter to get info about the weekly produce and fabulous new recipes.