Highlights from this week on the farm:
- definitely the walla walla onions (just the beauty of them - and eating them fresh on tomato sandwiches) Angela
- the scent of the basil and the crispy tear of the chard Maryanne
- enjoying tomato sandwiches with Angela Paul
- a few flower highlights from Cheryl: the almost black red hedge sunflower, the Hollyhill honeydew dahlia, or the karma chocolate dahlia
- finding plump eggplant under the leaves while harvesting Roland
- picking the cosmos. I like its bitter scent and the featheriness of it's leaves Soléne
- rolling on Roland's roller :) Madeleine
- It's always about good food for me: I love exchanging ideas about what to do with all those zucchini and hearing a customer tell me she was trying kohlrabi for the first time. I hope she loved it and will be back for more this week. Denise
A few notes:
- I use canned tomatoes (1-2 cups)
- you'll need 2-3 bags of spinach (if you're buying them on Tuesday)
- this is probably a bit too much garam masala (the spice mixes can be quite different depending on the brand. the one I have now has a lot of clove so I only do 2 tsp).
Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter to get info about the weekly produce and fabulous new recipes.