Zucchini Corn Chowder Recipe
2 Tbs butter
2 medium zucchini (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 Tbs fresh parsley (chopped)
1 Tbs fresh basil (chopped)
1/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups water
3 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (I substituted 1 C milk and 1/3 C dry milk powder)
2 cups corn
2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded) Hot Jill or Qualicum Spice work great.
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated; I omitted this)
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat; add zucchini, onion, parsley, basil, and saute’ until tender.
2. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the vegetables. Slowly add the water, stirring in until smooth.
3. Add the bouillon cubes and lemon juice; bring to a boil; reduce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the tomatoes, milk, corn and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
5. Add the cheese just before serving.