Zucchini Corn Chowder Recipe
2 Tbs butter
2 medium zucchini (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 Tbs fresh parsley (chopped)
1 Tbs fresh basil (chopped)
1/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups water
3 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (I substituted 1 C milk and 1/3 C dry milk powder)
2 cups corn
2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded) Hot Jill or Qualicum Spice work great.
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated; I omitted this)
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat; add zucchini, onion, parsley, basil, and saute’ until tender.
2. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the vegetables. Slowly add the water, stirring in until smooth.
3. Add the bouillon cubes and lemon juice; bring to a boil; reduce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the tomatoes, milk, corn and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
5. Add the cheese just before serving.
Weekly Menu Recipes
Tuesday: Cilantro Chili Lime Glazed Salmon on Green Beans
Wednesday: Eggplant Indian Curry
Thursday: Homemade pizza with roasted roma tomatoes, fresh pesto and Caerphilly Cheese from Little Qualicum
Friday: Summer Squash Casserole
Saturday: Watermelon Salad with Mint Yogurt and Pickled red Onions
Sunday brunch: Tomato Quiche
Subscribe to our weekly Newsletter to get info about the weekly produce and fabulous new recipes.
Like us on FB